Hello and welcome to my website!I'm glad you found me and I hope you find everything you need to understand more about who I am, what I do, and how I can be of help to you or someone you know.
My goal is to help struggling learners and students with learning disabilities in the Cincinnati area. I want them to understand the barriers to their success, to determine their strongest learning pathways, and to make certain they are provided appropriate intervention so that they can maximize their potential.
People of all ages can be struggling learners. Some may have just entered school, some may be in high school. Some may have never graduated from high school and some may be in college or graduate school. Some may be in the work force yet unable to keep up with the demands for new learning on the job.
A struggling learner may:
- have difficulty acquiring basic academic skills
- be inattentive, forgetful or disorganized
- study but do poorly on tests
- have difficulty putting thoughts to paper
- have difficulty completing work within specific time frames
- misunderstand directions or actions
A struggling learner underachieves and often loses motivation. They can become isolated and feel defeated. Battles around underachievement and underperformance can consume a parent-child relationship. I can help determine barriers to school success, recommend ways to maximize potential and lessen the impact at home.
I complete comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations to aid diagnosis of a variety of neuro-psychological and neuro-biological disorders affecting behavior and performance in school. These may include developmental delays, learning disabilities such as dyslexia or dysgraphia, autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's Syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) or disorders of executive functioning.
I provide evaluation, counseling/coaching, and consultation to children, schools and families. Clients range from preschool - adult.
I also provide college transition assistance for students needing educational support and accommodations. This can involve:
- Assessment to determine eligibility for college board testing accommodations
- Assessment to update student learning profiles and determine ongoing eligibility for assistance through college disability service offices
- Direct coaching of students attending Cincinnati area colleges.
View the individual website pages to learn more about how I can help through evaluation, consultation, coaching and advocacy.